Target GroupShip officers (deck and engine) operating in national and international waters.
ObjectiveAdvanced Safety Training where the main goal is management in various emergency situations.
- Organise and lead evacuation from ships using available evacuation and emergency equipment.
- Administer and take responsibility for medical emergencies and first aid situations.
- Leading fire-fighting teams and search and rescue operations.
- Table A-VI/2-1 Minimum standard of competence in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats.
- Table A-VI/4-1 Minimum standard of proficiency in medical first aid.
- Table A-VI/3-1 Minimum standard of competence in advanced fire-fighting.
Approval STCW-78 with addition Manila 2010. (Based on IMOs model course 1.14, 1.23 and 2.03, respectively.
PrerequisitesValid certificate of Basic Safety Course or previously completed Basic Safety Course for seafarers. If the competence has expired, they must have documented 12 months of sailing within the last 5 years, when their certificate was valid.
- Written test with multiple-choice answers.
- Practical exercises must be completed satisfactorily.
- To pass the written exam the candidate must obtain at least 75% correct answers.