- Personnel on muster lists that are responsible for passenger safety in emergencies.
- The course is approved according to STCW 78 with later amendments (Manila 2010).
ObjectiveProvide delegates with basic knowledge and skills regarding the principles of management and organization of large accumulations of personnel in an emergency.
The topics covered include:
- Accident potential.
- Dealing with people who need special assistance.
- Factors that influence human behavior.
- Muster and safety plan.
- Effective communication and crisis communication.
- The use of internal and external resources.
- Management of crowds.
- Stress and stress management.
- Effective management of emergency situations.
Course ContentsThe course includes lectures, group work and video tasks. At the end of the course there will be a written exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, the delegates will receive a certificate in accordande with the STCW A-V/2 standard.
PrerequisitesNone. The course is held in Norwegian.
ExaminationWritten test with multiple choice answers.