Target GroupMedical First Aid for officers, as well as medical first aid emergency personnel on-board.
ObjectiveThe course aims to provide the knowledge and skills needed to perform best when accidents occure on-board. The course is built on STCW table A-VI/4-1 Medical First Aid. Approved by STCW-78 with the Manila 2010 amendment.
Course ContentsThe course covers:
- Practical first aid exercise with markers.
- Pshycological/psychiatric challenges on-board.
- Toxic dangers on-board.
- Life saving first aid.
- Broken bones.
- Radio Medico.
- Treatment of injuries.
- Acute illness.
- Head, neck and back injuries.
- Medical emergency.
PrerequisitesBasic safety training. Officers also need the advanced safety training for seafarers.
- Written test with multiple-choice answers.
- Your practical skills will be evaluated individually according to the competency demands set out in STCW.