Coxswain Skid Lifeboat - Refresher
Target GroupRefresher course for personnel filling the position as coxswain on Skid Lifeboats, within offshore and maritime industries. The course covers the guidelines by Norwegian Oil and Gas on the refresher course for coxswains. .
ObjectiveUpon completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Prepare the lifeboat for evacuation.
- Communicate via radio, internally in the lifeboat and with emergency control.
- Prepare for staying on-board.
- Organise and direct mustering and embarkment.
- Launch lifeboat from the installment and driv to a safe zone.
- Handle emergency sustems and equipment for different conditions on-board.
* Retrieving the boat, turning and towing of raft (STCW)
Course ContentsThe course focus on a selection of the curriculum from the basic course, With the aim of developing the delegate’s basic knowledge and understanding of their position as a coxswain.
- Basic safety training.
- Basic coxswain course, preferably with a skid lifeboat.
ExaminationDelegates are evaluated during all practical training.
If the delegate is evaluated as not having met the demands set out in the competency requirements, their course will not be approved.