Search and Rescue Basic
Target GroupEmergency team personnel on fixed and mobile facilities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
ObjectiveAfter completing the course the participants should be able to:
- Conduct search and rescue operations.
- Complete risk assessments.
- Planning and implement fire-fighting measures.
- Know the limitations of equipment and personnel.
- Taking action to prevent the spread of fires.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics are covered:
- Emergency preparedness/organisation.
- Fire theory.
- Fire extinguishing and fire suppression.
- Search and rescue incl. smoke diving.
- Rescue work at damage site.
- Lifesaving first aid.
- Substances used for fire extinguishing.
- Pressurized gases and fluids (deluge in the event of a gas leak).
- Patient examination / triage.
- Fire extinguishing equipment.
- Compressed air and other smoke diving equipment.
- Mental reactions and psychological stress management (in the event of accidents and catastrophes).
- Valid Basic Safety Training approved by Norwegian Oil and Gas (NOROG).
- All delegates must present a medical certificate for personnel performing search and rescue duties. Delegates must also pass the fitness test and test of strenght before course start.
ExaminationWritten exam with multiple choice answers.