Target GroupSeafarers (deck and mechanic) in national and international waters. STCW-78 Table A-VI/2-1. The course also covers the guidlines for coxswains on fixed and floating installations given by Norwegian Oil and Gas. After completing the course, delegates can apply for a Certificate of Competency (CoC) with the Norwegian Maritime Authority. Approved according to STCW-78 with Manila 2010 Amendmendts.
ObjectiveSatisfy STWC table A-VI/2-1:
- Minimum demand for comepetency for rescue crafts and Man-Over-Board- boats Table A-VI/2 1.
- Direct, deploy and control boat and equipment.
- Organise and direct evacuation from ship with the help of lifeboats.
- Methods to start and run the engine with additional equipment on the lifeboat as well as using the fire extinguisher on-board.
- Prepare the lifeboat, organise embarkment, quartering and releasing the boat, manouver and direct operation from the lifeboat while in the water.
- Methods for rescue by helicopter.
PrerequisitesSTCW Coxswain/Rescue Craft 32 hrs.
- Practical test.
- Written test with multiple-choice answers.