Target GroupMilitary helicopter crews and SAR-rescue service.
ObjectiveDuring the course, delegates should acquire the skills and knowledge required to take appropriate measures before, during and after an emergency landing (ditching) at sea, and be able to evacuate the helicopter both from the surface and underwater. Participants should be able to evacuate a helicopter from an underwater position with and without using spare air.
- Preparing for ditching.
- Helicopter emergency systems/ equipment.
- Evacuation procedures.
- Dive medicine and dive theory.
- Organized evacuation from helicopter to liferaft.
- Underwater evacuation from helicopter with and without the use of spareair.
- Shallow water exercises with and without the use of spare air.
ExaminationA written test will be held before implementing practical training and use of spare air.