Target GroupCivil helicopter crews.
ObjectiveParticipants shall acquire the skills and knowledge required to take appropriate measures before, during and after an emergency landing (ditching) at sea, and be able to evacuate the helicopter both from the surface and underwater. Participants should be able to:
- Lead evacuation of crew and passengers from a ditched helicopter.
- Facilitate and perform lifesaving first aid, as well as fight smaller fires in the cabin.
- Evacuate a helicopter independently, with and without the use of H.A.B.D.
- Procedures for emergency landing with a helicopter.
- Emergency systems and equipment in the helicopter.
- Basic first aid theory.
- Measures to be taken before, during and after ditching.
- Diving theory and diving medicine.
- Organised evacuation from the helicopter into a raft.
- Underwater evacuation from helicopter simulator, with and without the use of H.A.B.D.
- Fire extinguishing.
- Water familiarisation in shallow water, With and without the use of H.A.B.D.
- Lifesaving first aid With CPR.
ExaminationA written test will be held before implementing practical training and use of H.A.B.D.