Target GroupRequired for seafarers who are responsible for giving first aid onboard.
ObjectiveUpon completion of the course, delegates should be able to demonstrate the competence described in table A-VI/4-1 in the STCW convention.
Delegates should be able to give first aid immediately after an accident or illness occurs.
- Recovery position.
- Burn injuries.
- Using the content of the medical chest.
- Recognising symptoms and clinical effects.
- Back injuries.
- Closed fractures, sprains and muscle damage.
- Transport / deposition.
- Transporting dangerous cargo.
- Symptoms, treatment.
- Treatment og fractures, sprains and muscle damage.
- Heart failure, drowning and suffocation.
- Circulation injuries.
- Performing detailed observations of the patient.
- Burn wounds, scolds, the effects of heat and cold, and electrical injuries.
- Medical consultation via radio.
PrerequisitesDelegates must complete the medical first aid basic course according to table A-VI/4-1 before attending this course.