Target GroupPersonnel working in areas with risk of H2S gas.
ObjectiveAfter the course the participant will be able to:
- Recognise characteristics of H2S and the related procedures.
- When and where H2S can occur.
- Lifesaving first aid in case of H2S-accidents.
- Use protective equipment in accidents involving H2S.
- The behaviour of H2S gas under different circumstances.
- Procedures for H2S risk areas.
Course ContentsThe course consists of both theory and practical exercises, and covers the following topics:
- Characteristics and occurrence of H2S.
- Detection and alarm devices.
- Practical use of first aid equipment.
- Examples of H2S procedures.
- First aid and first aid equipment.
- Protective equipment.
- Practical use of protective and detection equipment.