Target GroupOil and gas.
ObjectiveAfter completing the course, participants must have gained competence in:
- The emergency organisation, command relationships and crisis reactions.
- Mustering, preparation and evacuation.
- Basic lifeboat introduction.
- Alternative means of evacuation.
Course ContentsAfter completing the course, the participant must be able to:
- Describe the organization of emergency preparedness at facilities offshore, as well as the purpose of such organisation.
- Organize and lead muster and boarding.
- Launch the lifeboat from the facility and guide the lifeboat into the safe zone.
- Handle emergency systems and emergency equipment adapted to different conditions on board a lifeboat.
- Hoist lifeboat, tow and turn raft (STCW).
- Prepare lifeboat for evacuation.
- Communicate via radio, internally in the lifeboat and with the emergency management.
- Maneuver/lead the lifeboat and arrange for stays on board the sea.
- Describe exposure and safe evacuation using alternative means of evacuation: raft and rescue sock.
PrerequisitesUpon registration, the participant will receive a link to e-learning. This must be completed before attending the course. The course is only held in Norwegian.