Target GroupCoxswains within the offshore and maritime industries. The course satisfies the demands for competency set by STCW Table A-VI/2-1. When the delegates complete the course and pass the exam, they can apply for a certificate of competency with the Norwegian Maritime Authority.
Approved according to STCW-78 with later amendments (Manila 2010).
ObjectiveUpon completion of the course, delegates should be able to prepare the lifeboat, organise embarkment, perform quartering, and release the boat, as well as manouver and perform operations on the water.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics are covered:
- Emergency communication and relevant equipment.
- Lifesaving first aid.
- Chain of command / cooperation.
- Practical exercise of relevant lifeboats.
- Rescue people in the water.
- Launch systems for ships and rigs.
- Equipment in the boat and life raft.
- Procedures/ Emergency commands.
- Personal safety and equipment.
- Staying on-board.
- Turn a capsized life raft around wearing a life jacket.
PrerequisitesSTCW basic safety training for seafarers.
ExaminationWritten and practical exam.