Coxswain FF48 and FF1000D Basic
Target GroupPersonnel mustering as coxswains on FF 48.1, FF 48.2, FF 48.3 and FF 1000.
ObjectiveThe course aims to give delegates’ competence and knowledge on:
- The emergency response organisation, chain of command and crisis reactions.
- Mustering, readying and evacuation.
- Basic introduction to the lifeboat.
- Alternative means of evacuation.
Course ContentsDuring the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Describe the organisation of emergency response on the offshore installation, as well as the purpose of this.
- Organise and lead mustering and embarkment.
- Launch the lifeboat off the platform, and drive into the safe zone.
- Handle emergency systems and equipment adapted to different conditions onboard.
- Launch with propeller and gear activated (DPG).
- Readying the lifeboat for evacuation.
- Communicate via radio, internally in the boat and with emergency control.
- Manouver/drive lifeboat, and facilitate a longer stay onboard.
- Describe launching and safe evacuation by the use of alternative means of evacuation; life raft and escape chute.
PrerequisitesBasic Safety Training.
ExaminationWritten and practical examination according to the guidelines from Norwegian Oil and Gas. A certificate is issued when the delegates pass their exams.