Target GroupPersons who are members of, or have tasks related to, search and rescue team, HLO and FRC. The course meets the demands set by Offshore Norway for the re-training and maintenance of basic skills.
ObjectiveThe course aims to develop and maintain the delegates knowledge, skills and attitude towards their roles in the emergency response teams.
Course Contents1 day will be completed through e-learning, the other Three days at the course location you are booked on. The course is mainly centered around practical exercises where brief and debrief are central components. During the course, the following topics are covered:
- Tactical team work.
- Firefighting techniques.
- Dangerous goods.
- Emergency situations and normal operations on the helideck.
- Launching and hoisting the FRC.
- Picking up injured personnel from the sea.
- Parts of the course will be held in English.
- Smoke diving.
- Weather reports, communication and routines.
- Airplane fuel.
- Protective gear.
- Maneuvering and search patterns with FRC in daylight.
- Use of compass and calculation of distance sailed.
PrerequisitesSearch and Rescue team basic course, HLO basic course and FRC basic course. Personnel filling the position as smoke divers on search and rescue teams must submit a valid medical certificate and proof of passed physical tests (fitness test and test of strength) before they can attend the course, as per the guidelines from Offshore Norway.
ExaminationWritten exam in Awareness Training, Dangerous Goods. Upon completion of the course, delegates will receive one certificate for each part of the course.